Eureka was established in 1985 as an agreement between 18 countries and the European Commission to foster competitiveness and market integration and to encourage R&D cooperation.
Since then, we have expanded to include 47 countries (in Europe and beyond) who share the same goals and provide national funding to organisations who apply through our programmes.
Over the years, we have tailored programmes to best support international industry-led R&D. These offer flexibility for international partners (Network projects and Globalstars), encourage mixed consortia with large companies (Clusters), allow SMEs to aim higher (Eurostars), support research and business ventures in new markets (Innowwide) and drive companies towards private investment (investment readiness).
Eurostars is part of the European Partnership on Innovative SMEs. The partnership is co-funded by the European Union through Horizon Europe.
Could our Eurostars funding programme be the perfect opportunity for your organisation?
Eurostars is the largest international funding programme for SMEs wishing to collaborate on R&D projects that create innovative products, processes or services for commercialisation. Your consortium must spotlight an innovative SME as the main project participant.
Choose project partners from SMEs, universities and research centres from any of the programme’s 37 participating countries. Organisations in non-participating countries can still join a Eurostars consortium.
- Gain access to public funding
- Join an ever-growing international network of SMEs, universities and research centres
- Collaborate on innovative and market-driven R&D projects with like-minded international partners
- Access an expert support network
- Improve private investors’ perception of your organisation
If your Eurostars application is successful, your national funding body will offer you a substantial grant to help with your R&D project costs.
Business benefits for participants
- Companies experience an average of 15% annual turnover increase
- 69% of companies enter new markets and 68% achieve improved market shares
- R&D relationships transform into business relationships
- Increased visibility of organisations in their specialist fields
Eurostars is a competitive programme that sees an average of 29% of project applications receive funding, meaning that submitting your project proposal is certainly worthwhile. Eurostars submission process is centralised and the evaluation procedures (conducted by industry experts) are transparent and thorough.
EuroStars programme is funded locally by each national government. Each country sets its own eligibility and financing conditions.
Please contact us for more information about your case.